Virtuosi of Houston Employment Opportunities
Job Title: Orchestra Administrator
Reports to: Director of Orchestra Operations
The Orchestra Administrator is responsible for assisting the Director of Orchestra Operations in the development and coordination of all aspects of Virtuosi of Houston’s (VoH) music education and performance programming, including the Small Ensemble Program, the Small Ensemble Summer Workshop, and three chamber music concerts. The Orchestra Administrator also provides daily administrative support for a wide range of activities required for the development of promotional material, donor cultivation initiatives, and other organizational objectives.
Virtuosi of Houston (VoH)is a 501 ( c )(3) organization formed in 1996 to create a pre-professional climate and performance opportunities for Houston’s most focused young musicians (11-18 years of age) regardless of race, religion or financial status and to bring an expanded repertoire of chamber orchestra works to Houston audiences.
Regular hours are from 9am to 6pm, except for evening and weekend assignments during rehearsals and concerts. There are three concerts with ten rehearsals each scheduled during the five weeks prior to each concert. Rehearsals are scheduled Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm at our Studio in Memorial City Mall.
- Bachelor’s degree in music or music administration preferred
- Experience in coaching young students (11 to 18) in small ensemble chamber music repertoire and performance protocols
- Social and communication skills to comfortably interact with a wide range of constituents by telephone, in coaching sessions, and at a variety of performance venues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience in the administrative tasks typical of a business office environment
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required by concert rehearsal and small ensemble performance schedules
- Ability to remain well organized while multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to take direction, work independently to complete assigned tasks, and assume greater levels of responsibility
- Experience with a performing arts institution pluses.
- Small Ensemble Program
- Coordinate performance details with small ensemble clients
- Schedule musicians
- Oversee selection of performance repertoire
- Pre-performance coaching
- Coordinate ensemble rehearsals
- Primary chaperone for small ensemble appearances
- Small Ensemble Summer Workshop
- Research and contact potential music and enrichment faculty
- Oversee all promotional material
- Recruit workshop attendees
- Manage workshop logistics
- Schedule orchestra auditions
- Maintain student records and contact data base
- Assist Director of Orchestra Management in organizing parent volunteers in maintenance of music library, rehearsal dinners, and other volunteer activities
- Prepare and proofread correspondence
- General office duties
Salary range $30,000 to $35,000 (commensurate with experience)
Mail or e-mail résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Mrs. Zarine Boyce
2121 Kirby # 117
Houston, TX 77019
Contact Phone: 713-807-0888
Contact E-mail: email@example.com
Closing date: Open until filled
Job Title: Development Professional
The Development Professional reports to the board president and is responsible for the annual execution of the development plan in close coordination with the president and the board.
The successful candidate will have:
- 6 to 10 years of experience in fundraising campaign management, including, but not limited to campaign planning, implementation, and administration, as well as database management and relationship building.
- Excellent grant writing skills. Writing samples will be required in order to be considered for this position.
- The ability to multi-task and work independently on projects and in a team environment with administrative, marketing, and management staff members.
- Clearly articulate both verbally and in written form the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- An understanding of budget management and reporting.
- The ability to attend special events and performance evenings and weekends
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher. Access a plus.
- Experience with donor database
Salary commensurate with experience and expertise. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-807-0888 with questions.